This guide assumes that your Aerohive access points have already been deployed in your venue, adopted to the ExtremeCloud IQ controller, and assigned to a floorplan.
Step 1: Enable Presence Analytics on the Network Policy
- Login to the Extreme Cloud IQ dashboard and use the navigation bar on top to select Configure > Network Policies.
- Click the Edit Icon next to the Network Policy you would like to enable Presence Analytics on.
- Using the navigation bar for the Network Policy, select the ‘Additional Settings’ tab.
- On the menu list to the left, select Presence Analytics, configure to the following settings and leave the rest at their default values.
- Enable Presence Analytics: ON
- Trap Interval: 15
- Save the policy and preform a delta upload to the desired access points.
Step 2: Creating an Aerohive App
- Go to https://developer.aerohive.com/ and create an account or sign in.
- After signing in, on the developer account page, click ‘Create new application’.
- Give the application a generic name and description.
- The application page will be displayed once created.
Copy the Client ID.
Step 3: Creating API Token and Management
- Log into the Extreme Cloud IQ dashboard, using the nav bar on the top right to select ‘Global Settings’
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select ‘API Token Management’.
- Click the + icon to generate a new token. Configure to the settings below:
- Client ID: Paste the Client ID collected in step 2.4.
- Expiration Settings: Time from Enrollment- Select 1 year or more if your plan is longer.
- Copy and save the Access Token that is generated, take note to remove the Client ID collected in step 2.4 from the end of the Access Token.
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select ‘API Data Management’.
- Click the + icon to generate a new API. Configure to the settings below:
- Post URL: https://nodedata.analytics4wifi.com/v1/aerohive
- Access Token: Paste the Access Token collected in step 2.8.
- Message Type: Client Centric
- Enable: Checked
If you are a client of the Analytics4WiFi platform please disregard Part 3 and send the Access Token and AP MAC into support.
Step 4 – Create nodes and configure hotspot
- Login to the Analytics4WiFi dashboard.
- Use the navigation panel to the left to select Network > Nodes.
- Add a Node for each AP intended for use within the platform to the correct hotspot.
- Open the Edit Hotspot page for the correct hotspot and paste the Access Token collected in step 3.4 to the ‘Aerohive Access Token’ field.